The Bridgeway Road to Success Scholarship has been structured to assist promising students who do not fit into the “standard mold of academic excellence” as defined by a specific grade point average (GPA). Based on this underlying premise, this award has been earmarked to provide supportive assistance to: non-traditional college students (those who enroll in an accredited technical and community school), and traditional college students (those who enroll in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning).
The purpose of the Bridgeway Road to Success Scholarship is to help defray certain expenses associated with college enrollment and matriculation. The scholarship has been established as reimbursable funding. Allowable expenses that will be reimbursed include:
- dormitory room deposit;
- campus activity/technology fees;
- laboratory fees;
- laptop purchase (one time purchase during the second year of the award period); and
- text book / publication purchase.
In order to be eligible to receive this scholarship, applicants must be academically classified as:
- a high school senior or graduate who has been accepted by an accredited college or university; or
- an undergraduate student who is currently enrolled (full-time) in an accredited college or university located in the United States.
In addition, successful applicants must possess the following competencies:
- effective written and verbal communication skills; and
- strong interpersonal aptitude.
The designated amount of the Bridgeway Road to Success Scholarship is $1,000.00 per academic year. This award is renewable for up to four (4) years.
In order to apply for this scholarship, eligible applicants must complete all applicable sections of the Bridgeway College Fund Scholarship Application. In addition, the following documentation must be submitted:
- a typed, one page personal statement (300 – 500 words);
- copy of most recent transcript (for high school seniors) / copy of final transcript (for high school graduates);
- verification of acceptance to the selected college / university or technical school;
- two (2) letters of recommendation (must be on original school or company letterhead);
- official statement from the institution verifying current enrollment; and
- a current photo (size: passport Image required – 2″ x 2″).
The application package must be submitted with a postmark no later than March 1st. The application and supporting documentation should be mailed to:
Bridgeway College Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 1554
Jonesboro, GA 30237
Selection and Notification
Applications that are received timely will be evaluated by an independent panel. The Foundation reserves the right to make the final selection. Awardees and non-awardees will be notified via U.S. mail. The number of awards made will be subject to available Foundation funding.
Note: Individuals who have previously been awarded the Bridgeway Opportunity Scholarship are not eligible to receive additional funding from the Bridgeway Road to Success Scholarship.