The Bridgeway Opportunity Scholarship is awarded to students who possess exceptional academic and personal ideals. In addition to academic excellence, Bridgeway scholars are expected to excel in leadership and community service. The scholarship is open to high school seniors who plan to attend an accredited four (4) year college or university in the United States.
The Bridgeway Opportunity Scholarship is designed to assist with the payment of college tuition. Financial need will be considered in the selection process. Funding is limited to full-time undergraduate matriculation.
Applicants who apply for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- classified as a high school senior
posses a 3.8 GPA or higher;
- pursuing a major in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics;
The minimum amount for this scholarship is $5,000 per academic year. This award is renewable for up to four (4) years.
In order to apply for this scholarship, eligible applicants must complete all sections of the Bridgeway College Fund Scholarship Application. In addition, the following documentation must be submitted:
- a typed, one page personal statement (300 – 500 words);
- official high school transcript(s);
- official SAT or ACT scores;
- five (5) letters of recommendation (must be on original school or company letterhead);
- copy of parent / guardian’s tax return;
- verification of acceptance to an accredited college or university; and
- a current photo (size: passport image required – 2" x 2").
The application package must be submitted with a postmark no later than March 1st. The application and supporting documentation should be mailed to:
Bridgeway College Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 1554
Jonesboro, GA 30237
Selection and Notification
All eligible applicants who meet the criteria by the designated deadlines will be placed in a pool and ranked using criteria which include GPA, community service, personal essay, and financial need.
Finalists will be selected and interviewed by a Bridgeway representative. Awardees and non-awardees will be notified via U.S. mail. The number and amount of all awards will be subject to available Foundation funding.